Sunday, December 28, 2008

Joe Satriani - Memories




No, not the one from Cats.

This is my 3rd DTX. I've liked this song for about 20 years. No, really.

*UPDATED* I fixed the crashes. There were some missing, one that was mistakenly a ride, and some on the same line as the hihats, and one missing snare. There were some unnecessary hihats as well. All this has been corrected. New link below.


http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HXJX561F

http://rapidshare.com/files/181466232/Memories_corrected_.zip

This one came out really well. It was converted from a midi, but I carefully went through and tried to add all the original accents and fills (as close as I could, anyway). The midi actually cut off during the quiet "bloop bloop bloop bloooop" part, and I had to construct the rest of the song up to the fadeout. At least that kept me from being lazy & gave me the extra incentive to try to replicate the intricate hi-hat stuff at the end.

It's hard to play, but it's something to aspire to (for me anyway). I've included by high scores. Feel free to tell me in the comments how you smoked my score. I won't hold it against you.

It's a great song with an interesting beat. If you don't like it, you have a black, bitter heart made of chicken liver.

No comments:

Post a Comment